Black Friday 2019 is coming and this year it is going to be bigger than ever. The big day is November 29th but the deals will start flowing weeks beforehand from Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart. And the good news, given Walmart’s predictable behaviour, I can give you my expectations for the king of Black Friday early so you can plan well in advance.
Walmart’s Best Black Friday Tech Deals Last Year
How you predict Walmart’s Black Friday 2019 sales is to look at its top deals from last year:
- $300 gift card on Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR
- $400 gift card on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X
- $300 gift card on Galaxy S8, S8+, S9, S9+, or Galaxy Note 9
- PlayStation 4 GranTurismo Sport VR Bundle for $299 (save $100)
- Sony PS4 Slim 1TB Spider-Man Bundle for $199 (special buy)
- Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Console for $399 (save $100)
- Nintendo Switch Console with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con for $299
- Sharp or TCL 65-inch Class 4K Roku Smart TV for $398
- Samsung 55-inch Class 4K Smart TV for $398.00 (special buy)
- Hisense 55-inch Class 4K Roku Smart TV for $248
- HP 15-inch Touch Notebook for $259
- iPad 6th Generation for $249 (save $80)
- Google Home Hub for $99 (save $50)
What does this mean for Walmart’s Black Friday 2019 sale?
What To Expect From Walmart’s Black Friday 2019 Sales
For several years now Walmart has been a creature of habit. This means you can apply the star offers it delivered last year to 2019’s latest tech:
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max – $300 Walmart Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan
- Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, Note 10 – $300 Walmart Gift Card when activating a new instalment plan
- Microsoft Xbox One X Bundle with $30 Walmart Gift Card – $379.99 (save $120)
- Sony PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle – $274.99 (save $125)
- Nintendo Switch Bundle (game or free memory card) – $265 (save circa $90)
- Nintendo Switch Lite (game bundle) – $150 (save $50)
- iPad 7th Generation for $275 (save $55)
- 65-inch 4K TV – $350 from a respectable brand
- 55-inch 4K TV – $200 from a respectable brand
These deal templates may seem predictable, but they have been hugely popular and Walmart knows when it is on to a good thing so don’t expect anything to change for Black Friday 2019. The exception is I expect Walmart to push even lower on its 4K TVs now the technology is so widely available while the 7th-generation iPad is so new I wouldn’t expect a large discount this year.
Remember, Walmart will deliver plenty of sales before these Door Busters so hold your nerve and wait for the best deals.
Walmart Black Friday 2019 Tips:
Black Friday Ad Release – Every year Walmart waits as long as possible to post its Black Friday ad. Last year, Walmart posted its ad on November 8th at 12 am ET. So for 2019, when Black Friday will start one week later, expect the ad at midnight on November 14th. Walmart usually waits for Best Buy and Target post their ads first and, again, the store is a creature of habit. The ad itself is likely to be over 30 pages.
Sale Days and Times – Historically, Walmart starts its in-store Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving Day at 6 pm. Some stores have been opening earlier but expect Walmart to again stick with what works. The in-store sale itself will run throughout the night while pre-Black Friday online deals may actually begin as early as Monday on Thanksgiving week.
Free Shipping – Walmart traditionally offers free two-day shipping on orders of $35 or more. Amazon, Best Buy and Target are all likely to offer free shipping with no minimum so watch out for Walmart deals costing less than $35 as they may not be the bargain you expect.
Walmart Cyber Monday – While Walmart’s Black Friday ad will appear in mid-November, the company’s Cyber Monday deals are always kept under wraps until the last minute. So don’t expect an announcement until Black Friday or even the Saturday before Cyber Monday and there has not been an ad scan for several years. The good news is many of Walmart’s Black Friday deals will carry over into Cyber Monday, so don’t panic if you miss out the first time around.
I will be extensively tracking Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2019 deals and publishing the best offers daily, so be sure to bookmark my page.
Follow Gordon on Facebook
More On Forbes