The St. Louis Blues (5-2-3) and Boston Bruins (6-1-2) meet Saturday at TD Garden in a Stanley Cup Final rematch. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET. Below, we break down the Blues-Bruins odds and lines, with NHL betting picks and tips for the matchup.
Blues at Bruins: Projected starting goalies
Jordan Binnington vs. Tuukka Rask
Binnington has started eight of his team’s first 10 games. The 26-year-old owns a .916 save percentage and a 2.58 goals against average. He enters Saturday having won each of his last two starts while stopping 50 of 53 shots faced. He is 1-1-1 on the road thus far with 10 goals allowed on 103 shots.
Rask is 4-0-1 on the year with a league-best .944 SV% and 1.77 GAA. The veteran posted a 31-save shutout against the New Jersey Devils. He last played Tuesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs, when he stopped 28 of 30 shots for his fourth victory in five games. He has allowed just five goals on 97 shots in three games played at TD Garden.
Blues at Bruins: By the numbers
Get some hockey betting action on this game by placing a bet at BetMGM.
- The two teams should still be quite familiar after going seven games in April. The Bruins outscored the Blues 22-18 in the series.
- Boston enters Saturday 3-0-1 at home. St. Louis is 2-1-1 on the road.
- The Bruins have outscored their opponents 26-20 through nine games. The Blues are an even 32-32 in goal differential through 10 games.
- Boston leads the NHL with a 35.7% success rate on the power play. St. Louis ranks fifth at 25.8%.
- The Bruins are ninth with a penalty-kill percentage of 84. The Blues are 11th at a 83.3% kill rate.
- Bruins RW David Pastrnak leads the NHL with 10 goals. He had two goals and two assists against the Blues in the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Both teams are .500 against the Over/Under. The Blues are 5-5 and the Bruins are 4-4-1.
- The Blues are 4-6 overall and 2-2 on the road against the puck line. The Bruins are 5-4 overall and 3-1 at home.
Blues at Bruins: Key injuries
Bruins C David Krejci (upper body) isn’t expected to return for Saturday’s game.
Blues RW Vladimir Tarasenko (upper body) will miss the first of at least two games.
Blues at Bruins: Odds, picks and betting tips
Moneyline : The BRUINS are the play in an excellent revenge spot as the Blues are without their marquee forward in Tarasenko. The -175 odds bring a $5.70 return on a $10 bet.
Spread : Double down on the BRUINS and play the -1.5 puck line with more profitable +155 odds. The same $10 bet fetches a profit of $15.50. They’ll need to win by two or more goals for the bet to cash, and they will.
Over/Under : Take the OVER 5.5 (-115). While each team is missing a key offensive contributor, they’re very familiar with each other and both goaltenders have been overachieving a bit in heavy usage to start the year.
Esten’s NHL betting record: 36-30
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.