The Pittsburgh Penguins (6-3-0) face the Florida Panthers (3-2-3) Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET at BB&T Center. Below, we break down the Penguins vs. Panthers odds and lines, with NHL betting picks and tips.
The Penguins enter after a 3-0 home loss to the Vegas Golden Knights over the weekend. The Panthers are coming off a win over the Nashville Predators in which they lost all three members of their top line. Fortunately, they will all return against Pittsburgh.
Penguins at Panthers: Projected starting goalies
Matt Murray vs. Sergei Bobrovsky
Murray is 5-2 in seven starts with a 2.56 goals against average and .914 save percentage. He has won four straight starts and was not overworked in his previous two appearances (just 52 shots faced). He was rested against Vegas.
Bobrovsky has gotten off to another slow start. He is 2-2-2 with a goals against average of 4.07 and a save percentage of just .872. He’ll face a Penguins team that scores almost three goals per game against him for his career – with more than three goals per game across the past two seasons.
Penguins at Panthers: By the numbers
Get some hockey betting action on this game by placing a bet at BetMGM.
- The Panthers rank 12th with 3.13 goals per game on offense, and they’re first with 37.9 shots on goal through six outings.
- Florida’s team shooting percentage is just 8.3% which ranks 23rd in the league. Its power play is 13th at a 20.7% success rate.
- The Panthers rank 6th on the penalty kill at 86.4%.
- The Penguins rank seventh in goals per game (3.56) while ranking 17th on the man advantage at 18.8%.
- Pittsburgh is eighth in goals allowed (2.56) while ranking 14th on the penalty kill at 81%.
- Pittsburgh is 6-3 on the moneyline but 4-5 against the spread and against the Over/Under.
- Florida is 3-2-3 straight up, 5-3 O/U and 4-4 ATS.
Penguins at Panthers: Odds, picks and betting tips
Moneyline : The PENGUINS (+120) look to be a decent road underdog Tuesday night with Murray able to outduel Bobrovsky. Also, C Sidney Crosby has 10 goals and five assists in his last nine games against Florida.
Spread : The spread should be avoided. Florida winning by more than one goal seems risky given its record and three overtime losses already.
Over/Under : The OVER 5.5 (-150) is the play with two offenses that can pile up scoring chances. Florida plays an open style which lends itself to good totals – especially at home where the over has hit in four of the last five games.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.