The Chicago Bulls (1-2) and New York Knicks (0-3) meet up at Madison Square Garden Monday with tip-off scheduled for shortly after 7:00 p.m. ET. Here, we analyze the Bulls-Knicks odds and lines, with NBA betting picks and tips.
Bulls at Knicks: By the numbers
Place a legal sports bet on this NBA action or other games at BetMGM.
- Both teams played Saturday night. The Knicks lost 118-95 at home against the Boston Celtics after blowing a third-quarter lead. The Bulls were run over by the Toronto Raptors 108-84.
- The Knicks won the season series 2-1 last year. Their victories were by 10 and eight points. The first meeting was a narrow, one-point Bulls win.
- New York has won six of its last eight home meetings with Chicago.
- Knicks rookie G RJ Barrett is averaging 21 points, five rebounds, 2.7 steals and 2.7 assists to start his NBA career.
- G Zach LaVine leads the Bulls with 21.7 points per game through three games.
- New York has been outscored by 12 points per game. Chicago is being outscored by 5.7 PPG.
- New York is a league-worst 17-68 on the moneyline and 34-49-2 against the spread over the last season and a week.
- The Knicks rank 11th in the league with 109.3 possessions per game. The Bulls are averaging 107.6 possessions per game to rank 16th.
- The Celtics rank 16th by assists/turnover ratio. The Knicks are second-worst at 0.85 assists per turnover.
Bulls at Knicks: Key injuries
- G Chanlder Hutchinson (hamstring) out
- G Kadeem Allen (knee) out
Bulls at Knicks: Odds, picks and betting tips
Moneyline : The BULLS can be played with a small wager at -115. These are two evenly matched teams but New York is younger and cannot close games out. It is not saying Chicago is better, just less bad.
Line : Get even better value on Chicago to cover the tiny spread of -1.5 with -105 odds. A $10 bet here will return a profit of $9.43 should Chicago win by two or more points. The same wager fetches just $8.70 in profit for the straight-up victory.
Over/Under : Take the UNDER 223.5 (-115) with both teams struggling offensively. Last year’s season series went 2-1 against this number.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.