The Colorado Avalanche (8-1-1) and Anaheim Ducks (6-5-0) meet at Pepsi Center Saturday with puck drop scheduled for shortly after 9 p.m. ET. Below, we break down the Avalanche vs. Ducks odds and lines, with NHL betting picks and tips.
The Ducks have lost three straight games. The Avalanche continue to stay on top of the Western Conference and come home after a huge 6-1 win in Vegas Friday night.
Ducks at Avalanche: Projected starting goalies
Ryan Miller vs. Pavel Francouz
Miller is 2-0-0 with a .919 save percentage and a 2.14 goals against average. The 39-year-old allowed two goals on 11 shots in a relief appearance behind starter JohnGibson his last time out against the Nashville Predators.
Francouz is 2-0 for the Avalanche as a capable backup for Philipp Grubauer. He has won one start and one game in relief. He sports a 1.95 GAA and .951 SV%.
Ducks at Avalanche: By the numbers
Get some hockey betting action on this game by placing a bet at BetMGM.
- The Ducks won two of the three meetings with the Avalanche last season. Two of the three games also hit the over while one game was a 2-1 goalie duel.
- The Ducks have outscored their opponents 25-24 through 11 games. The Avalanche have outscored their opponents 42-25 in their 10 contests.
- Anaheim is 2-4-0 on the road. Colorado is a perfect 4-0-0 at home.
- The Ducks rank 26th in the NHL with 28.7 shots on goal per game. They allow 29.5 shots per game. The Avalanche average 30.8 shots for and 34.3 shots against per game.
- Colorado is 21st in minors taken while Anaheim is 25th.
- The Avalanche are 21.1% (14th) on the power play and 87.5% (fifth) on the penalty kill. The Ducks convert at just a 7.4% rate on the power play (30th) and 83.8% (10th) on the penalty kill.
- The Avalanche are 8-2 overall against the spread. They’re 4-0 ATS at home. The Ducks are 7-4 overall ATS and 4-7 against the Over/Under.
- Colorado is 7-3 against the Over which ranks second in the entire league. The Avs are 8-1-1 on the moneyline which leads the NHL.
- The Avalanche are 1-0 so far without F Mikko Rantanen who is week-to-week with a leg injury.
Ducks at Avalanche: Odds, picks and betting tips
Moneyline : Take the home AVALANCHE (-162) to win outright in regulation, overtime or a shootout. They have not lost at home while Anaheim has lost four of six on the road. The Ducks are beginning to struggle to score goals again (just two per game over the last four contests).
Spread : Let’s make these two for two and go with Colorado again, with odds of +170 to cover -1.5 and win by two or more goals. A $10 bet returns a profit of $17.
Over/Under : Take the UNDER 5.5 (+100). We’re looking for a 3-1 Avalanche win for the trifecta.
Chris’ NHL betting record: 32-20
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.